Friday, February 18, 2011

My Family Story

  Over the years Puerto Rico has had alot of immigrants. The first immigrants of Puerto Rico were the Spaniards. The Spaniards took over Puerto Rico while the Taino indians already lived there. The Spaniards also forced the immigration of many African slaves to Puerto Rico. Due to all this immigration the Puertorican culture is very diverse.
   My great grandmother Soledad Boyer was born in Zaragoza, Spain. She was the only daugther of my great great grandparents Juanita and Venancio Boyer. My great great grandmother immigrated to Puerto Rico in the early 1900s with my great grandmother Soledad. My great grandmother Soledad had blue eyes and her complecxion was light. She came to live in Bo. Pozuelo in Guayama. She married young and had 25 children and about 10 more that she adopted. In order to support such a large family she would iron clothes, sell fruits and vegetables. She was also the midwife of the neiborhood according to my grandmother.

1 comment: